The Lake Havasu Museum of History
Part-time 20 hrs/wk
The Lake Havasu Museum of History grew from the preservation efforts of the Lake Havasu City Historical Society to present and preserve the natural history and beauty of this region. The fascinating timeline of human participation in this complicated desert along the Colorado River includes the Mohave and Chemehuevi tribes, Hispanic settlers, miners, steamboat captains, dam builders, military and aviation personnel, and the mid – 20th century dreamers and developers who built a city and bought the London Bridge!
The museum offers a great working environment with dedicated volunteers and a flexible schedule. Occasional evening and weekend event participation required.
The Executive Director will:
- Report to the Board of Directors of the Historical Society and the Museum and uphold the policies and procedures as presented in the Bylaws of the Lake Havasu City Historical Society.
- Be directly responsible for the day to day operations and management of the Museum.
- Oversee income and expenditures to remain within budget guidelines and maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Act as the liaison between the Board, Committees, Staff, and Community.
- Pursue partnerships and relationships with other local museums, schools, civic, and hospitality organizations.
- Develop and conduct, with Board and Committee assistance, fundraising events and pursue donor support and new funding streams, including private and local government grant funding.
- Explore and propose new ideas for annual exhibitions and community engagement.
- Present a report for each regularly scheduled Board meeting.
- Conduct presentations on behalf of the Museum.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Management/leadership experience within non-profit or educational organizations
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Sensitivity to the value and cultural context of historic properties and stories
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding marketing including traditional and digital media
Experience preferred but not required:
- Membership, fundraising and grant writing
- Budget Management
- Volunteer Management
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.